The eye screen characterises all incoming mice with respect to their vision, understanding the eye as an own complex sense organ.
- Scheimpflug Imaging – examination of the anterior part of the eye (cornea and lens)
- Optical Coherence Tomography – investigation of the posterior part of the eye (fundus and retinal layers)
- Laser Interference Biometry – determination of axial length (distance between cornea and retina)
- Virtual vision test – functional analysis of the visual system
Secondary Screen - (5 – 15 mice per group and sex)
- Electroretinography – testing of retinal function
- Histology – morphological analysis of eye sections